Monday, April 23, 2012

Videos of some fun I had over the weekend

Not much to say today. I had a pretty productive weekend, which centered around lifting shit. This first vid is from Saturday and I'm doing some odd object lifting. I put two of my sandbags into an army duffel and lifted it. A lot.


The bag weighed 139lbs total. I'm about 4 sets in at this point. This was also the last thing I did on that day so my quads were pretty smoked. I'm pleased with myself since I've never tried this before. Next time I'll make sure the yoga mat isn't there. That tends to make an already awkward lift even more awkward.

The next day was one filled with overhead pressing, cleans, and farmer's walks. Here I am taking 220lbs (total) up and down my sloped driveway.


Have you noticed a prevailing trend in the gear I'm wearing in both vids? Yeah. I'm actually wearing pants. Just kidding. I'm channeling Yu Darvish for massive power through my Ranger's hat. While that doesn't make any sense at all, let me show you this amazing HD video which gives you a better perspective on the driveway:


I tried working with 320lbs but was only able to carry for 20 yards at a time. I saw Diesel Crew working their FW skills by doing static holds with massive weight so I'm going to start incorporating that into my training.

I need to write a blog soon about how my overall mood has changed ever since switching from the big plastic jugs of water over to stainless steel imbibing utensils. You know, these:


Sriracha inserted into pic for straight up legit player shit representation and perspective on bottle size. Anyway, here is a short teaser for the blog: I'm no longer a moody stressed out whiny man.

Stay...shiny.

No comments:

Post a Comment