Wednesday, April 4, 2012

The state of my training, with pictures

I've now been training MMA/self defense for around 3 months. I think it's been that long. I don't pay attention to these kinds of details anymore. I just go in and work my ass off each day and try to forget about yesterday. Or, that's just a poor excuse for slaughtering my short term memory during my wild and out party years. Sure we've all been there, but I doubt any of you injected pure MDMA with a turkey baster through your nostrils.

Living forever aside, I've made great progress. I've really had to scale back my strength training since it interferes with my "combat" training, yet I am stronger than I've ever been, I'm more explosive than ever, faster, and way more awesomer looking with my shirt off. Yeah. WAY more awesomer. That's important when being punched in the face, right? I thought so. Oh, and I weigh in around 180lbs now. Wow.

So, without further adieu, here are a few pictures of me beating the piss out of a mouthy tire with an 8lb sledge. This was just a conditioning finisher. BTW, you like that mammoth EliteFTS wrist brace? Yeah I know you do. I've been rehabbing that wrist for awhile now, and my healing timeframe has gone on for an exceedingly long time. I imagine punching things does not create a conducive healing environment. I'll need to see an abstract on pubmed before I make a final determination.




Now that I've got your pants area all worked up, here's a vid from the following training session. 20lb sledge, 5x10e for power. This was the 3rd set so I'm not sure how much power I was making. 


I'll fix the embed later. You know, when I'm not at work and am able to. On second thought, F all of that. Blogger can't find my video, unless "Angry Birds Cinematic Trailer" is it. I don't think so though.

For all zero of you who asked, here is what my strength training primarily consists of:

Deadlifts (deficit, sumo, standard)
Squats (box, front, farmer's, goblet, split squat)
OH press (barbell and KB)
Farmer's walk
Pull-ups and rows
Various other BW movements, much of it done on the suspension trainer
Macebell training
DB snatches
Ancillary grip strength training

That's just stuff on my own. I do loads of core work in my training, but I'm pretty much over this entry and need to go to the store. If anyone wants actual details on core work, prehab/rehab stuff I do, along with my stretching then I'll gladly expound.

Love you all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment