Monday, April 9, 2012

Monday training that ironically occurred on Monday

Just finished a nice workout down in my "gym". You know, my parking area.


Said parking area gym ("PAG"? No? I'll work on that) is currently infested with lots of newborn mosquitos due to the rash of storms and it being spring in Texas. They're sooo cute with their whole blood sucking and disease spreading thing. It made rest periods infinitely more fun as I wasn't really paying attention to the little bastards while working on my exerciseseses. Anyway, today consisted of kettlebell swings and snatches, and afterward I felt so good I decided to get in some barbell rows, OH presses, and power clean progressions. 

Oh, and I only have two KBs: a 30lb and 53lb. Don't judge me. Off the top of my head it all went a little something like this:
  • Dynamic warm-up
  • 50 one arm swings (each) - 30lb KB .. this was mostly to get my hips firing 
  • Kettlebell snatches - 3 x 15 @ 30lb, and 3 x 8 @ 53lb. 
  • One arm rows - 2 x 25 @ 53lb kb, 3 x 8 @ 95lb barbell
  • OH presses - 2 x 8 @ 95lbs
  • Hang cleans - 2 x 8 @ 95lbs, 2 x 5 clean progressions @ 135lbs
I'm not the strongest guy ever. Please continue with that whole not judging me thing. The barbell stuff was mostly done with focus on form. I got a lot of that work in on Saturday so I kept it mild. I'll get my daily push-ups done later tonight when the lights are off along with my pants.

Criticism welcome, critique and suggestions preferred. 

No comments:

Post a Comment