Tuesday, August 16, 2011

"Write about your goals you idiot"

That was the subject line on an email I received yesterday in my inbox. At first I was all excited that someone had actually read this blog, but then I realized I sent that email to myself earlier in the morning as a reminder. I responded with some hate filled message, which I then read this morning when I got back to work. It made me curl into the fetal position, rock back and forth, and hum Puff the Magic Dragon for an hour or more.

So, with that said, let me go over a few of my short term goals. I've been working hard to achieve most of them, but some have been put on hold due to injury.


  • Muscle up - Unfortunately the only pulls I can work on are the towel rows. So, this is somewhat on hold. Due to my wrist pressing has been put on the back burner.
  • One arm push-up - I'm nowhere close to being able to accomplish this. Large pectorals was not something I was blessed with, but it is definitely something I will overcome. Did I mention I'm missing a large chunk of my right pec? You read that right. I was born without it. If I was in the Olympics I'm sure NBC would find a way to make a tear jerker story out of my "disability".
  • Dragon flag - I can do 3/4 of one now! I can start in the up position and go down 3/4 of the way and back up. I'm proud of myself for this since I'm pretty tall and lanky.
  • Pistol squat - I've had a lot of time to work on this over the last month. I'm getting better at it. Thanks, Convict Conditioning.
  • Handstand push-up - Since these are short term goals I'm really just shooting for the 'assisted' handstand push-up. In other words, my feet will still be sliding up and down the wall for balance. From there I'll change my goal to "unassisted handstand push-up". 
  • 35" vert - I've always been a good leaper, but that ability goes away if you're not specifically training for it. Back during my high school/college basketball days I was at 37". Maybe I can surpass that. Maybe not. Only way to find out is to work at it! 
I'll try to work on getting more video and pictures up. I've been working out every single day and I'm just aching to get back out there with Elite Kettlebell Club. Soon enough.

2 comments:

  1. BRO! WE TOTALLY NEED SOME SICKY GRAPHICS FOR YOUR BLOG. ASAP. NEXT WEEK. THE REST OF THIS WEEK IS NO GOOD. caps lock off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. DUDE! BRO! Let's do it. I need to find that old bro picture I had you p-shop years ago (added lightning to the background). Or, perhaps we can get a picture of me doing something extreeeeme and then photoshop lightning and the 3 little pigs in the BG.

    Fo real

    ReplyDelete