Saturday, August 6, 2011

Some Saturday afternoon motivation for your face

Okay I'll admit it: I'm sort of a sucker for motivational videos, stories, and speeches. I draw the line on that during the Olympics, though. Those producers are so good they'll take a story about a high jumper having a bout of chronic diarrhea and have housewives across the nation in tears. I guess that's just talent. Good for them.

I'll be posting up motivational videos as I come across them. Here are a couple that make me want to get out there and just dominate whatever it is I'm "getting out there" to do. That's most likely training.


I suggest watching that full screen. That's a training reel from the dudes at Movie-Do. I'm no martial artist, but I love this video because it's well done and these guys are good at what they do. Respect. Oh, and I'm ready to walk since I've made an egg stand.


TRAINING MONTAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! With the exception of that silliness this guy put together a great video. It's pretty inspirational, at least to me. I just get inspired to do so much stuff. Like..well, anyway this vid makes Rocky V seem like a fantastic movie. Why? Well it highlights the only good parts of it: the training and Rocky's surprisingly well written and delivered speech. At least for the movie, and Sylvester Stallone.

Somewhere along the line you changed. You stopped being you. You let people stick a finger in your face and tell you you're no good; and when things got hard you started looking for something to blame, like a big shadow. Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard you hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward; how much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!

Now if you know what you're worth than go out and get what you're worth. But you gotta be willing to take the hits, and not pointing fingers sayin' you ain't what you wanna be because of him or her or anybody! Cowards do that and that ain't you! You're better than that!

Until you start believing in yourself, you ain't gonna have a life.
 He probably could have shortened that whole speech to "QUIT BEING A WHINY BITCH! LIFE IS TOUGH AND WILL KEEP HITTING UNTIL YOU HIT BACK!" I'm pretty motivational myself.


This video contains a bunch of clips (MOOONTTTAAAGGEEEE) with audio of Coach Flowers' "I am a Champion" speech. 
DEFEAT RETREAT! I don't understand those definitions!
I don't understand that either.  Anyway, that speech supposedly carried Leland High School to victory in the JV championship game. Which is kind of why I didn't post the original video. There is a bit lost with the imagination watching him read it in front of kids.

Annnnd I'm going to finish with this video here:


http://youtu.be/V6xLYt265ZM

I hate it when people disable embedding requests. I'm including that because it contains Cassius Clay's braggadocio from before the Rumble in the Jungle. That man is not lacking in confidence, and that is something that many today are truly lacking. Myself included.

I'm so bad I make medicine sick. Baaad dude.

No comments:

Post a Comment