Wednesday, August 10, 2011

I need to be better about updating my workouts on this sucker. Well, I need to be better about updating it period (not THAT period). It's just that each day I get home my brain instantly melts due to the lack of worthwhile a/c and 17 strange children running around. I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHO THEY BELONG TO! It's like a flash mob daycare.

This week is dedicated to my core and legs. Last week should have been, but I did more overall resting than anything. Here is what I knocked out yesterday while farting around in my gym. Oh, and yes I am anti-gym AND have a gym membership. Double standards abound. Deal with it.

* Dynamic warm up
* Decline (incline?!) sit-ups - 3 x 25
- superset with 100 skips of jump rope (30 sec rest between SSs)
* Hanging leg raises - 4 x 5
* Bridges - 10 x 5 reps (each rep consists of 10 second holds)
* Ab rollouts using swiss ball - 4 x 10 (pause 3 seconds while fully extended)
- superset with lying leg raise - 4 x 10
* Plank kick-thrus - 4 x 10 (I have no idea what the real name is for this. Hold a plank, kick one leg under and through to the other side. Repeat w/ other side)
* Two band assisted GHRs - 4 x 12 (two light-med bands for higher rep ranges..30 sec rest b/w sets)

Not an overly difficult workout. I'm going to go heavy on the core today to work more maximal strength and hit the legs. The latter will probably consist of hindu squats, bulgarian split squats, unassisted GHRs, plyo jumps, long jumps, and perhaps BB squats. We'll see!

I really can't wait to get back out with Elite Kettlebell Club and train there. Lord knows I'm aching to be out in this 105*+ weather crushing my body and soul.

Speaking of crushing souls, another social networking site is upon us. Go check out Fitocracy, social networking for fit people. For some reason this hasn't gotten as much pub as Google +. I just don't get it. That  was sarcasm. It's a pretty fun site, and I'll probably be good about updating my page for a week or two. You can earn points, complete challenges, etc. for workouts and exercises completed. Most of the challenges are pretty elementary, and all strength challenges are cleared geared towards the bodybuilding bro. I spent a good 20 minutes adding exercise suggestions to their database. Sure they have an entry for machine tricep pressdown, but tricep plank extensions?! Noooooo.

P, out.

No comments:

Post a Comment