Wednesday, September 21, 2011

The great Dr. Yessis on the state of plyometrics today


I'll admit I am guilty of over broadening the definition of plyometrics. I actually committed said sin in the previous blog post about box jumps, and a reader kindly asked about my word usage (I believe I tagged the post with "plyo jumps"). I didn't fully understand the meaning of his question, but now I do.  I'd go back and edit my blog entry and shore up the language, but word has it that is immediate grounds for blacklisting in the competitive world of blogging. We bloggers are effing hardcore.

I must admit I'm a bit ashamed for being guilty of this, as I have often scoffed at "p90x athletes" and fitness class whores for talking about the sweet plyos they do. Such is life.

Watch the video, and listen to the man. Dr. Michael Yessis is a legend and knows what he is talking about.

No comments:

Post a Comment